What speed should I subscribe to?
Ask about our discounts.
Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Lifeline assistance lowers the cost of basic monthly local telephone service or Internet service
You are eligible for Lifeline if you participate in one of the following programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans’ Pension
- Survivor Benefit Programs
Please call NCC at 701-568-3331 if you think you are eligible for Lifeline and click below to download an application form
Any Restrictions? Government rules specifically state that each subscriber can have no more than one Lifeline discounted service. Lifeline is limited to one per household and non-transferable between individuals.
We are no longer accepting applications at this time due to wind-down efforts for the program.
What is it?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers), Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811, Public Housing, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools; or
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
What are the benefits?
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households.
How do I sign up?
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact NCC to select a service plan. Call NCC at 701-568-3331.
For more information and to apply for ACP, you can visit GetInternet.gov