For over 68 years, the NCC team has ensured residents of northwest ND have access to fast, reliable telephone and internet service – through severe weather and challenging times, we have been there. As our Country and Community cope with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we plan to maintain normal operations so that our customers can have access to reliable internet as they work from home and students take classes remotely. We have always offered unlimited data so that you can utilize the NCC network without fears of high overage costs and we will ensure all critical 911, first responders, government offices, and our fellow small businesses have reliable phone and internet services they need to support their operations.
The health and safety of our customers and employees are top priority. Based on the CDC and public health guidance as it relates to the precautions necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following procedures effective immediately:
- All NCC facilities are temporarily closed to the public: We are still here to support and service your communication needs by utilizing remote work capabilities and a 24/7 helpdesk. Below are the best methods to contact us:
- Phone – 568-3331
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – nccray.com
- Payment options –
- SmartHub – This is a great time to sign up for our online bill payment option: nccray.com/bill-pay/. You can choose to make a one-time payment or register as a new user.
- Secure Pay – If you’d rather pay over the phone, you can do so via check or credit card using an automated secure connection by dialing 888-816-8068 OR call our office number and select 1.
- Drop box on the northeast side of the NCC building.
- Mail your check or credit card payment to NCC. Please notice: there could be a delay in the processing of your payment sent via mail.
- Customer premise equipment needing to be returned to the NCC office can be left in a bin set up inside the entryway on the west side of the NCC main building.
- Technicians will be evaluating each repair and install order: To keep employees healthy and working and to protect you, NCC technicians will evaluate all site visits to homes and businesses to determine the best course of action to ensure each customer has access to essential services. They will make an initial phone call for any trouble ticket to provide as much support as we can over the phone. If a service call will require work inside the home/business, they may ask a series of questions in regards to if anyone in your home/business has recently been sick with a fever, cough or other respiratory illness OR if you or anyone in your home/business has traveled recently. There may be cases where going into a home or business is not in the best interest of our employee’s safety, we will support their decision to not enter the premise.
- Remote work force: We are working to implement a remote work force to minimize exposure and to stay within the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Fiber to the premise installs: We have postponed all fiber to the home conversions in the Flaxton, Lignite and Powers Lake exchanges.
- Educating from home (e Learning): NCC is exploring all of the potential options available to support our members and the area schools should a distance-learning environment be implemented.
Thank you for understanding our decision to do our part in reducing the spread of Coronavirus. Our top priorities are the safety of employees and members, and keeping our critical access network operational during this unprecedented event. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated on any changes to these procedures.
Jeremy Becker, General Manager/CEO